We are very happy to announce that due to guidance from DEFRA we have started to undertake adoptions again for some of our animals.
This is wonderful news for our Branch as by starting to carry out adoptions again we will be able to find loving homes for our animals and also be able to help more animals in need as we will have more available resources.
Due to restrictions around COVID – 19 and as we are still running at a limited capacity; we will be operating in a different way temporarily in order to keep our staff, volunteers, animals and members of the public safe.
For now, we will only be rehoming cats and smaller animals but not dogs as unfortunately this is not possible to do in line with current guidelines around social distancing.
As always, we would advise people to only consider adopting a pet if they have researched it and would be able to provide the same amount of care should the lockdown be lifted.
Here’s a guide to how to adopt from us whilst we are under lockdown:
- See who we currently have available for adoption on our website here
- If you are interested in adopting one of our animals, fill in an enquiry form.
- The form will be sent to our Animal Welfare Team who will get in touch to discuss your application further.
- If it’s a perfect match, you’ll reserve the animal and we’ll carry out a virtual home visit with you using a webcam or video and go through a questionnaire with you.
- If the virtual home visit is successful, we will then take payment for the adoption fee, over the phone and arrange a time for the animal to be delivered to your home.
- The member of our Animal Welfare Team who is delivering your new family member will call you upon arrival and place the pet carrier and relevant paperwork in a pre-agreed location.
- Get to know your new family member!
If you have any questions, give us a call on 0303 040 1565 or send us an email